Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thank you for not boarding the Titanic

It's been 100 years since the sinking of the Titanic. It's been like 100 years as well since I last published a post. Crazy me, I thought that if I schedule the post option, it will just automatically publish my post on the date I specified. I should have consulted my forever blogging friends, Juyjuy and Serah. Oh well, I'll just edit some posts I have on drafts and get them published next time.☺

In the meantime, right now, I feel like my team is also commemorating the 100 years of the unsinkable Titanic. We're off the phone now, and to pass time, I was reading stories of the survivors online. I'm now blogging about this because there are 2 people that I wanted to thank for not boarding the Titanic. I learned last year that Chase's predecessor, John Pierpont Morgan, technically "owned" the Titanic and should have been on board for the maiden voyage, but cancelled his trip. Then just now, I learned of another very important person that I would like to say thank you to, as well, Milton Snavely Hershey.

"Monetary losses amount to nothing in life. It is the loss of life that counts." - John Pierpont Morgan

~0~

Dear Sir John Pierpont Morgan,

I am writing you this letter to let you know that I am very thankful that you cancelled your booking for a first class ticket at Titanic's maiden voyage. If I was working for you back then, I would have asked you to let me accompany the fleet instead on your behalf. I heard your ticket was for a luxurious suite complete with cigar holders in the bathroom. Cool.☺ I'm sorry that you had to pay for the damages a couple of years after the tragedy.

You may be wondering why I had to thank you. For one, JP Morgan Chase and Company, may not have been established. Who knows what JP Morgan, Jr. may have done if he found out that his dad was included in the tragedy. I'm sure he would have been devastated and may jump at any business proposal that may have come his way, so thank you for preparing him for good business handling.

Secondly, I may not have been where I am now, if JP Morgan Chase and Company was never established. It may not have expanded as a global company, and I may not have been one of your employees. I may not have been experiencing the fun of working for one of the most powerful banking houses of the world.

It's a pleasure working with you.

Thank you.


~0~

Dear Sir Milton Snavely Hershey,

I am sorry to hear that your wife got sick, but I am thankful that she did. Bad news is not really that bad all the time, right? I am glad you were not able to board Titanic's maiden voyage, and I am writing you this letter to let you know that I am thankful to you, too, for cancelling your booking (also for first class tickets, alongside Sir JP Morgan).

You may be wondering why I had to thank you. It is because of you that 5 years after the tragedy, you hired Sir Harry Burnett Reese to work for you. I am not in any way related to him, but I feel this very strong attachment to him because he invented my favorite chocolate of all time. And I am thinking, without you hiring him, who knows if Reese's will ever reach the Philippines?

My life is sweeter because of you.

Thank you.


~0~

Ayun, ayoko na nga sumulat at magbasa ng English hanggang next week, natuyuan ako ng dugo kakaisip ng sasabihin sa kanilang dalawa, hehehe! Sana mabasa nila ito, nasaan man sila ngayon.☺

2 comments:

iamsuperserah said...

check! mapapa edzactly ka talaga.haha

edzactly said...

princess serah: ahahaha! buti na lang talaga hindi si sir morgan nag board, otherwise, baka wala tayong pang adventure.Ü