Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gigel, the Volleyballera.♥

It's been several months since I watched my sister, Angela ("Gigel" as I call her), play her last game as Team Captain of the Adamson Lady Falcons for the Shakey's V-League (and also for UAAP Season 73). She's had 5 very colorful playing years with AdU, and I'm glad she followed her heart of studying and playing there (instead of another prestigious university that originally offered to have her play for them). From the shy Bacoleña to the makulit Manila Girl that she is now, I'm proud of how she came to be in the years that she was nurtured there. I ended up writing about her because I just miss cheering for her and the team. I googled for pictures of her throughout her playing years and I found a photo of me cheering for them! hahaha!☺


Season 70 UAAP Women’s Volleyball Championship round between Adamson University and University of Sto. Tomas (UST) at the Arena in San Juan last February 27, 2008, photo by Abe Olandres
 
I created this post 3 days ago but since I was still thinking of other stuffs to add, it remained in my drafts a little too long. And just this Friday, she texted me that it was already (finally) confirmed, she will be playing for the Philippine team, for beach volleyball in the 26th SEA Games in Indonesia, paired with Aiza Maizo. Woohoo! Boy, my sister is making me sooo proud of her!☺ At dahil ayokong lumaki ulo nya dahil sa mga pinagsasasabi ko dito, here's a photo of her to remind her that even the best fall down sometimes.☺ 


Photo taken on November 28, 2010, game versus De La Salle University, by Arnold Z. Cruz  


2 comments:

rozhjoy05 said...

like na like ko toh ma. edz, sikat ka rin pala e nasa google ka!! :D
sa 2nd pic, mas gusto ko ang version mo ng action shot haha!!

edzactly said...

@ juyjuy: ahahaha! oo nga, nakakatuwa kasi feel na feel ko ang pag cheer!☺ at korekature ka jn, ano ba sinabi ng shot na yan ni gigel sa action shot ko? hihihi!☺