Wednesday, November 9, 2011

No more SEA Games 2011 for Gigel.:(


26th SEA Games in Indonesia, November 11-22, 2011

Last night, it was already a little past 9 in the evening when I get to see Gigel because she was so busy the whole day at the Philippine Volleyball Federation (PVF) Office at Vito Cruz, fixing some documents for their supposedly flight earlier today to Indonesia. It turned out crazy though. She was informed that she may not be able to play because there were "some issues" with the papers submitted to the SEAG Committee in Indonesia. Aiza (Maizo)'s reaction, "STRESS!". They have been both training for several months now, only to find out that Gigel can't go. What even makes it more stressful is Jovz (Jovelyn Gonzaga of CPU Iloilo), who is still in Iloilo as of yesterday, did not train at all as she was informed that Gigel will be the one to play. She was paired with Nene (Nerissa Bautista) to make up Team A to represent the Philippines and Gigel and Aiza to make up Team B, but when Nene declined, she did not pursue training anymore. Gigel was asked to go to the airport as well for the 5:30 AM flight, only to end up being sent home.

I guess I am blogging about this not only because I feel upset that Gigel can't go to her should have been first-ever international exposure. Hahaha!☺ (Such an overly supportive stage mother, oh, scratch that, make that "court sister".☺) Ako itong super affected na affected, when she's okay with it lang naman, she even sent me a text message earlier today, "Nang, cancelled. hambal cguro ni Lord ndi ni pra s akon. my nxt tym pa mn." (to roughly translate: "Ate, cancelled. Sabi siguro ni Lord hindi ito para sa akin. May next time pa naman.") Now I think I know why we seldom win in volleyball games against other countries. It's really not the players, I think it all boils down to disorganization. Haaay... I hope Jovz was able to make it to their flight, and I hope she and Aiza can create a play, even for a couple of days lang na magiging practice nila together. For the Philippines! Yes!☺

No comments: