Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Truly Tangled 11.11.11

♪♫ This one's for you and me
Living out our dreams
We're all right where we should be
Lift my arms out wide
I open my eyes
And now all I wannna see
Is a sky full of lighters, a sky full of lighters
♫♪  


Yan din isa sa mga bucket list ko: see a sky full of lighters. Earlier this year, we (my high school best friends and I) had plans of going to Thailand to experience Yi Peng for 11.11.11. But then again, due to the high cost of airfare during this period, we decided to hold it off, until fortunately, next year (ay naku, nakalimutan kong i-wish yan kagabi!•_•). Tapos, some time early this week, we came across an article from Banchetto, na they will have wishing lanterns, kaya tuwang tuwa kami! We really didn't have to fly as far as Thailand to experience it, kasi pwede lang naman pala dito sa Pinas. Ang ending, ayun, yesterday, nag announce na hindi na nga daw tuloy. It turns out that the establishments around the area complained when they heard of the activity. And I would have to agree, thousand burnt lanterns nga naman ang kakalat after that. I just wish the management of Banchetto thought about that even before releasing the information to public. 

Buti na lang, nung August 20 of this year, naexperience ko yang sky lanterns chuchubells, it may not have been a thousand lanterns, but 10 or so of those is enough to keep me in awe. hihihi!☺ Thank you to Mike and Rollette's wedding of the year!♥ 

The very creative center piece.



And now, the lanterns: 
Carefully hold it up...



Going up!

Up, up and away!

Ang layo na nila.
To Mom Rollette, I'm not sure if I told you this, but let me put this in writing, thank you for making one of my wishes come true.♥

No comments: